Junior Chamber International of Monaco
Junior Chamber International Monaco ( JCI Monaco) was founded in 1963, and became affiliated to the Junior Chamber International (JCI) the same year.
JCI Monaco’s mission is two-fold:
- To instil young people with the desire to take part in civic engagement and to support them in their endeavours,
- To develop ambitious projects that represent the values of peace and humanism and to contribute to the progress and improvement of city life.
In order to spread JCI’s ideals across Monaco, JCI Monaco has set itself national objectives:
- To develop its members’ business management capabilities or professional skills,
- To serve the community and strive to contribute to the country’s progress and development
- To closely examine any issue that may have important repercussions for young people and for the future of the organisations and companies in which they are involved,
- To help assert the Principality of Monaco’s prestige abroad,
- To maintain a spirit of friendship between its members and to promote global entente.
JCI Monaco bases itself upon strong values that are deeply rooted in its practices:
- Innovation: members are invited to ‘learn to dare’ , to step off the beaten track, to take civic initiatives,
- Team work: this takes place within the committee, a human-sized group based on attentiveness, cooperation and mutual respect,
- Commitment: members take on the challenge of researching and implementing innovative solutions in order to subsequently pass them onto society,
- Independence: freedom of opinion, tolerance and openness to others are values that are practiced daily,
- Morality: this includes moral values, generosity and respect for others and is based on principles, free enterprise and humanism,
- Voluntary work: each member finds gratification in taking action, in personal development and the support offered by a network,
- Training: experience goes towards developing one’s potential (coordination and team management, responsibility, public speaking skills...) and knowledge about the political and economic domains,
- Outlook: with its extraordinary international outlook, JCI Monaco allows you to explore different options. Thanks to the International Business Network (IBN), this global network of professionals is growing each day.
- Friendliness: JCI Monaco is, above all, an excellent network of friendships. The atmosphere is informal and we know how to have fun!